The Better Burger
Serves: 6 burgers
The Better Burger is a healthy burger alternative to ground beef burgers by substituting turkey meat in place of beef and adding fresh ingredients to cut down on processed foods.
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- 10 fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped yellow onion
- 2 tbsp chopped dried or fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 4 Ezekiel buns
- 1 bag (4 oz) pre-washed arugula
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pasta sauce
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, basil, onion, parsley, and cheese. Mix with a fork.
- Add turkey and egg white. Use your hands to mix well.
- Form into four ½”-thick patties. Sprinkle with the garlic power and pepper (to taste).
- Grill over medium heat for 15-18 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- While burgers are cooking, add the buns to the grill until lightly toasted. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the pasta sauce for 1 minute.
- Slide each burger onto a bun. Top with some arugula, a tomato slice, and 1 tbsp of the pasta sauce.