Rosemary Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
Recipe Type: Dinner
Serves: 4 servings
This meal is a great recipe for beginners or lazy chefs because everything is cooked in one dish. The savory chicken paired with roasted vegetables and crispy potatoes is a healthy and delicious way to include all food groups in one meal.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 can (14 ounces) no-salt chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, dried, and trimmed of fat
- 10-12 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh green beans, trimmed of stems
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried or fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. In a 13″ x 9″ baking dish, combine the oil and potatoes. Toss to lightly coat potatoes with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are slightly browned.
- Add broth, chicken, tomatoes, green beans, onion, celery, wine, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with sage, rosemary, parsley, and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 160F and the juices run clear.