Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
Serves: 4 servings
Yummy pancakes full of protein and perfect for the fall season
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan over medium heat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Then whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add wet to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add enough coconut oil to the pan to grease the center.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan and spread out into pancake shape (the batter will be a bit thick and need some help to form a circle).
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, gently flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.