Grilled Tenderloin Steak
Recipe Type: Dinner
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 21 mins
Serves: 2 servings
Tender steak cooked to perfection right in your own home. Pair with hearty vegetables like asparagus and tomato (or in-season vegetables) for a fresh taste.
- 2 lean beef tenderloin steaks (each 5 to 6 ounces and about 1″ thick)
- 1/2 tsp + 1 dash ground black pepper
- 10 large asparagus spears, with tough ends cut off
- 1 large tomato,sliced into 3/4″ thick rounds
- 1/2 tsp no-salt lemon-pepper seasoning
- Trim any fatty edges from the steaks. Sprinkle the 1/2 tsp black pepper onto both sides and gently rub into the steaks. Set aside.
- Coat grill rack with high-heat cooking spray. Set aside.
- Lightly coat the asparagus and tomato with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle the lemon-pepper seasoning on the asparagus and the dash black pepper on the tomatoes.
- For medium doneness, grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 F. For medium-well doneness, grill the steaks for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 F. The steaks should be lightly charred on the outside and slightly pink in the center for perfect juicy tenderness.
- Just before you turn the steaks,add the asparagus and tomatoes to the grill rack (be sure to lay asparagus horizontally so the spears don’t fall through the grate). Grill the veggies for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until slightly charred.