Serves: 4 servings
SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, AND DAIRY-FREE PANCAKES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Sugar-free maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh fruit slices (optional)
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and toasted wheat germ in a medium bowl; then make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, applesauce, oil, and beaten egg.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle, spreading to a 5-inch circle.
- Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn pancakes, and cook other side.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit, if desired.