APPLE-WALNUT PROTEIN PANCAKES
Serves: 4 servings
Packed with protein for sustained energy!
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole grain pastry flour
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein power
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, then wipe away excess oil. Use the towel to wipe the skillet between pancakes. Make sure to recoat the skillet with oil and clean away any crumbs between cakes.
- Preheat the skillet to medium-low, then reduce to low. TIP: Its important to cook pancakes over low heat to make sure they cook evenly!
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then add wet ingredients and mix.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of batter into the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Flip pancake and finish cooking for 30-60 seconds longer. Remove from heat.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with remaining batter to make a total of 8 pancakes.
- Add thinly sliced apples to top the cakes.